I see that the world is pretty much interested in people’s life in the Siberian coldest places such as Oymyakon (Ojmjakon) and Verkhoyansk (Verkhojansk)… and an idea arrived…
I have friends who live in Oymyakon and Verkhoyansk. Both villages compete for the title “The world’s coldest inhabited place.” In Yakutia locals do not pay much attention to where it is much colder, because everywhere it is cold, extremely cold. Even Yakutsk is currently experiencing -47C.
Well… If you wish, you can leave your questions about life in the cold condition and I will ask all of them to my friends in Oymyakon and Verkhoyansk.
Do you want to know, how they cope with the cold, how they keep their houses warm, what winter clothes (cold weather outfits) they use, how long daylight lasts and many other aspects of their daily life?
Use the comment form to leave your questions…
- Photo Report: The Coldest City on the Earth
- 2010 Sakha Travel: New contacts in Sangar & Verkhoyansk
- Funny things to do in Oymyakon!
- La Razon’s questions about Oymyakon’s Pole of Cold in Siberia’s Yakutia
- Bicycling in the cold winter! Along an ice road across the Lena River near Yakutsk #Siberia #Russia [photos]