One of the most frequently asked question in regards to the Republic of Sakha-Yakutia, that occupies 1/3 of Russia and 1/2 of Siberia + the Far East, is, of course, “Where online to download region maps?”
Always in my reply, I sent links that I could recall at once. Praise god, there is the list now.
Recently, Artem Petukhov, a friend of mine, who runs his local Adventure Club blog in Russian, has compiled the list of maps available online for free download.
If you are an active traveller – motorcyclist, 4wd driver, mountain trekker, hiker, whatever, you might wish to check out the following maps:
3. Moto roads maps.
5. Digital (GPS) maps for Navitel / Navitel Navigator. The link to the zip file. Yakutsk, districts: Megino-Kangalassky, Khangalassky, Kobyaysky, Lensky, Namsky, Mirninsky, Vilyuysky, Neryungrinsky)
Artem recommends also to use the SAS.Planet soft.
If you consider the listed maps are useful, please, share this info with your friends. Thanks!
Oh, by the way, don’t forget to browse through previously published posts under the tag Maps.
- The Road of Bones: GPS maps for Magadan Oblast
- Road Legend: Chita – Bolshoi Never – Yakutsk – Magadan
- A Chance to Download the Kolyma Highway (Road of Bones) Maps now!
- Trekking & Climbing: Burustakh – Pobeda Peak – Sasyr – Khonuu
- SibirskyExtreme back to Yakutia, made the way from Ust-Kut to the Arctic Circle successfully