Don “The Dragon” Wilson (wiki), an American champion kickboxer and the star of Hollywood action/adventure films, including Roger Corman’s Bloodfist series, is in Russia’s Siberian city of Yakutsk right now.
He was invited by Yakutsk-based martial arts guru Tselestin Tsykhtsinski, the founder of Gen-Shin-Kan ju jitsu style, to give master classes in the Gen-Shin-Kan dojo (training center) in the course of 4th – 8th August, 2012.
I was a little involved in the visa support process, so I was pleased to visit one of Don “The Dragon” Wilson’s trainings.
See my photographs taken yesterday.
Tselestin Tsykhtsinski in the above photo.
What is Gen-Shin-Kan?
Gen-Shin-Kan is a Ju Jitsu style developed by Tselestin Tsykhtsinski (yeah, this man of honour was born in Yakutia and lives in Yakutsk, Russia). If to be exact, it’s a way of ju jitsu training.
I am not an expert, so I could explain what a big difference it brings to the world. The fact is that Gen-Shin-Kan popularity is rising fast. Annually Gen Shin Kan World Cup is arranged around the world. The previous one took place in Croatia. The next one will be held in Portugal.
Gen-Shin-Kan has affiliates in Europe, America and Asia.
Tel. +7 (4112) 36–86–11,
Gen-Shin-Kan World Cup 2011 Promo Video:
Don “The Dragon” in the above video, by the way.
How is Don “The Dragon” Wilson involved in Gen-Shin-Kan?
At Tselestin Tsykhtsinski’s request, Don “The Dragon” became an Ambassador of Gen-Shin-Kan and helps a lot to promote this Ju Jitsu style.
So let’s back to the seminar Don “The Dragon” Wilson is conducting in Yakutsk, Russia. Enjoy photographs.
And one short video with Don “The Dragon” Wilson in Yakutsk, Russia:
Hope you enjoyed the post and will spread a word about Gen-Shin-Kan :) Thanks!
- What is the current temperature in Yakutsk, Russia? -48C [photo]
- Bicycling in the cold winter! Along an ice road across the Lena River near Yakutsk #Siberia #Russia [photos]
- Life in Russia’s Siberian city of Yakutsk in winter. What is it like to live in the extreme cold weather? (facts + photos)
- 1-Day Winter Road Trip from Yakutsk to Lena Pillars on the Lena River in Yakutia #Siberia #Russia
- Joseph Stalin Monument in Yakutsk, Russia’s Siberia [photos]