This tube-like tank is a shelter for a cashier and a ticket window. It stands at a gas (fuel) station in the area of Kyubeme on the Road of Bones (M56 Kolyma highway in Oymyakonsky District of Republic Sakha-Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia) right between settlements Khandyga/Teply Klyuch and Ust Nera.
The cashier’s tube appeared to become a lovely place for adventure travellers, especially 4wd drivers and motocyclists, to attach their expedition stickers.
Above and below photographs of Kyubeme fuel station were taken in the late Junuary 2013. Do you recognise any of your or your friends’ adventure travel stickers.
If you didn’t make it to that place and you’re already on the way, you need definitely to researve one exped sticker and attach it to the tank. Next winter I’ll come and take photo of newly-appeared badges.
“Also remember to bring some small change in your local currency. The girl in the booth collects coins,” Norwegian motorcyclist, Geir Stormoen, reminds.
The above winter photographs of the Kyubeme fuel station are dated January 30, 2013.
Kyubeme location on the Google Map
Kyubeme photographs of previous years
A Kyubeme tank a year ago. February 2012.
Not so many international off-road adventure expedition stickers were left, but it was much better than previously.
Below see the same tube, but without any stickers. It was on January 18th, 2010:
So, welcome! And don’t forget to bring along a sticker! ;)
At that time, we fized minus 47 Degree Celsius. Oymyakon extreme cold winter weather welcomed us! When we arrived in Tomtor after, we got much below minus 50C.
P.S. All travel photographs are mine.
- Adventure Travellers’ Expedition Stickers in Kyubyume on the Road of Bones (Kolyma M56). February 2014, Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia [photos]
- How does the Road of Bones (Kolyma Highway) look like in the late February? See fresh photos.
- How does the Road of Bones (Kolyma Highway) look like in winter?
- What’s the distance from the M56 Kolyma Hwy (Road of Bones) to Topolinoe, Batagai (Verkhoyansk), Ust Kuiga & Deputatsky?
- 2009 Photo Report: The old route of the Kolyma Highway (Road of Bones) by Czech OFF SIBERIA motorcyclists