Yes, it is possible to chart a helicopter and fly high out of Yakutsk, the capital of Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia, and do a tour along the Lena River, for instance, to the Buluus glaciers, Lena Pillars Nature Park or Pillars on the Sinyaya River.
Further, see the aerial photographs of my recent flight by Eurocopter on the route Yakutsk – Buluus – Lena Pillars Nature Park on the Lena River – Pillars on the Sinyaya River and back to Yakutsk. I was extremely lucky to get in such a great opportunity to travel.
Photo credit: Bolot Bochkarev.
The helicopter I flew is Eurocopter EC 130. It’s got 6 passenger seats.
What’s the cost? Expensive. Eurocopter rent rate is 60,000 RUB/hr (~2,000 USD/hr). The round helicopter flight to Lena Pillars takes 2 hours and costs 4000 USD irrespectively. If to add the Sinyaya River, the whole air trip might be 3 hours.
Who needs such helicopter flight around Yakutsk? Well, I was asked by filmmakers a few times. Till now, there was one option only. It is to rent MI 8 at the rate of 150 000 RUB/hr (~5000 USD/hr). See the difference?!
Ask me, if you need a copter in Yakutsk :)
- Yakutsk – Lena Pillars Nature Park. 1-Day Travel by Car & Motor Boats. Via Bulgunnyakhtakh & Elanka.
- 1-Day Winter Road Trip from Yakutsk to Lena Pillars Nature Park on the Lena River in Yakutia #Siberia #Russia
- 1-day trip from Yakutsk to Lena Pillars on the Lena River [tour info + photos]
- Yakutsk – Lena Pillars Travel Option #1. The ‘Demian Bednyi’ River Cruise Ship. Timetable + prices for Summer 2013.
- Yakutsk, Reindeer Herders, Lena Pillars… Day Tour in Late April???